Saturday, December 6, 2008

Triano's Maiden Voyage

Bam!!! The hype, the tension, edge of your seat nail-biting action. Raptors fans from kilometers around gathered together in a huddled mass of anticipation, splitting at the seams with the agonizing possibility of another ... actually I didn't watch it. Apparently they got killed though.

Instead I hung out with a good friend, enjoyed a corking (thank you thesaurus) St-Ambroise apricot wheat ale and then found my way to bed around 9:30. Glorious after a crazy week at work.

I have been trying to seperate myself from the Raptor nation a bit lately for I do not want to find myself in the position of insanely grumpy come March should an upward trend refuse to become apparent. Don't get me wrong, I still support this team and watch as many of the games as I possibly can take, it's just that I now read blog comments on Doug Smith's Raps blog {http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/ (the absolute best in the business!!!)} as sparingly as possible lest I sink back into blind fandom. Still love the blog itself though. And I certainly avoid all the wanker blogs that I'd occasionally read to put a fire in my belly. I mean is it really worth it? There are much better things to focus on like cats and long sunny walks down the Mill Race in St Jacobs, or those amazing dynamite rolls at Sushi Bong.


View Larger Map
Home of the Bong. You will not regret checking it out.

Honestly, I might begin to devote my basketball assiduousness towards my second favourite team, the mfing New York Knicks. Give them some love before they sign Lebron and get all corn dog plastic on my ass. But at least I'll be able to follow Bosh's career for my entire life ... oh 2010 ... what do you have in store for us?!?!

No comments: