Thursday, October 8, 2009

Living the Life of a Preseason Gaaad

Thanks to a wonderful cougar and my handsome friend Kyle romancing some tickets out of her, I was able to attend last night's second Raptor's preseason game ... courtside ... 7 rows up ... heaven!!!

The game was actually stupendous. The young guys got most of the burn for certain, but with the game being played at such a frenetic pace one couldn't help but enjoy.

A few guys really stuck out to me.

Firstly Sonny Weems. Energy, athleticism, dunk after dunk. He was the best player on the court that night.

Secondly, Reggie Evans. Grit, tenacity, passion. He is as billed thus far and I don't care what the other Raptor bloggers write when they say that allowing him to get the ball could be the best defensive play any team makes, he is a hugely important addition to this team. Not only for what he brings on the court, but also for how he can inspire his fellow Raps.

The final piece that I have been greatly impressed with is Marcus Banks. I believe that his on court leadership and hustle have been completely the opposite of what I was expecting, making me realize that we didn't really get to see this guy last year and might actually have a nice piece on our hands. It just goes to show how the hype machine can really get carried away as most Raptors fans completely dismissed Banks as a good-for-nothing, end of the bench salary eater.

The three people that can do better in my mind ... Calderon, Jack and Bellinelli. I'm not worried about them though as their games will surely pick up in the next two weeks.

No comments: